February 21-25, 2020
Monteverdi's Exclusive Benvenuto Brunello Experience
Every February, large crowds of wine aficionados gather in Tuscany to celebrate the release of the latest Brunello and Brunello Riserva vintages. This event – Benvenuto Brunello – is highly anticipated and will be particularly exciting in 2020 given the advance ratings on the 2015 vintage, considered by many critics to be one of the best Brunello vintages in generations.
At Monteverdi Tuscany, we prefer a more intimate and relaxing approach to savoring fine wine. For this reason, we have curated an exclusive itinerary that takes guests on an educational journey through the creation of a Brunello – from harvesting and vinting, to tasting and pairing.
A guided excursion to Montalcino and curated visit to Benvenuto Brunello will acquaint guests with the heritage and landscape that gives birth to Brunello. Classes at the Monteverdi Culinary Academy will teach guests how to prepare dishes that pair beautifully with Brunello. Local wineries Casanova di Neri and Podere le Ripi will introduce guests to all the nuances and complexities of their latest Brunello vintages, along with their other acclaimed wines. In short, you will experience the highlights of Benvenuto Brunello but in a much more relaxing and enjoyable manner, at a luxury boutique hotel offering full services and amenities throughout your stay.
Casanova di Neri is a prestigious, award-winning winery owned and operated by the perennial 100-point, father-and-son winemaking team of Giacomo Neri and Giovanni Neri. In order to provide a more personal introduction to their brilliant wines, Giacomo will welcome Monteverdi guests to Casanova di Neri for a private tour unveiling their select Brunellos, which will not be presented at this year’s Benvenuto Brunello and will be tasted privately, in the comfort of Casanova di Neri’s tasting room.
Podere le Ripi is a lauded regional winery with a deep dedication to excellence. Their biodynamic approach creates wines that authentically express the natures of the soil and flora. Wine experts from Podere le Ripi have curated a tasting tour through Montalcino’s Benvenuto Brunello, exclusively for Monteverdi guests. With over 200 wines at Benvenuto Brunello, the event can be overwhelming. The Podere le Ripi sommelier will lead a hyper-selective tour through the event, tasting only the top wines from local producers.
Join us for an intimate introduction to Brunello di Montalcino.
• 4-night stay in Monteverdi’s highest room category available at the time of booking
• Daily breakfast in our fine-dining restaurant, Oreade
• Wi-fi and sparkling and still water in room, refreshed daily
• Four (4) dinners at Monteverdi Tuscany (including a Chef’s table/winemaker dinner in Monteverdi’s Culinary Academy) and one (1) lunch in Monteverdi’s Enoteca, all incorporating Brunellos from some of the finest producers and vintages
• Evening cocktail hours, accompanied by music in Monteverdi’s Lounge Bar
• Tour and private tasting at Casanova di Neri winery
• Chef’s Table and winemaker dinner
• Exclusive entry into Montalcino’s Benvenuto Brunello, guided by Podere le Ripi
• Tour of Podere le Ripi winery, followed by a private wine tasting and multi-course lunch
• Wine-based spa treatment in the world-class Monteverdi Spa• Round-trip transportation for all events included in this itinerary
Also included: Monteverdi Wellness Wine Experience
About This Event:
Date: February 21-25, 2020
Price: €5.500 single / €8.000 double (50% deposit at time of booking)
Location: Monteverdi Tuscany / Montalcino